Highest Removal Efficiencies with S&L Inlet Works Systems
95% Grit Removal of 105 micron and larger at all flows, only with Smith & Loveless.
95% Grit Removal
Some manufacturers say they remove 95% of grit, but only at certain flows. S&L’s PISTA® removes 95% of grit at ALL FLOWS.
So Advanced… So Efficient… It’s Baffling!
After pioneering the first flat-floor forced vortex grit chamber, S&L continues to lead the industry in advanced hydraulic grit removal research and development by emphasising a combination of CFD analysis and field testing. The state-of-the-art PISTA® brand is the technological world leader.
S&L Grit Removal System efficiencies achieved for new installations and retrofitting existing grit removal systems from any manufacturer
PISTA® 360™ B
Easily Upgrade to 95% Grit Removal Efficiency
You can save both time and money by rehabilitating your ageing grit removal system with the Smith & Loveless PISTA® OPTIFLOW 270® upgrade. We can help solve inherent problems in your current vortex chamber with our latest grit removal technology.
- Use existing chamber without need for new construction.
- Achieve 95% grit removal at 150 micron and above with addition of OPTIFLOW 270® baffle using S&L’s patented flatfloor design and baffle technology.
- Better velocity control to achieve optimum vortex at varying flows to prevent grit deposition in the inlet channel.
- Minimize organics in the extracted grit to reduce landfill costs & odors.
- Virtually eliminate clogging in your airlift pump discharge line
with the PISTA® TURBO™ Grit Pump.
- Replace inefficient grit classifier with S&L’s PISTA® TURBO™ Grit Washer high efficiency grit handling system.